Dusting Insects for Panther Chameleon

iwantone

My panther is around 5 months old now. Can you tell me how often you dust your live food with calcium and how often should you use calcium with D3. Also what else do you use and how often?

I have Calypso calcium, Repashy Supercal (which contains D3) and Nutrabol and I hear varying opinions on how often to dust with each.

Repashy's Calcium Plus has been recommended to me as an all in one insect dusting powder. Anyone tried it? http://www.repashy.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

Last edited:
hey there. i have all the rep cal products (herptivite, cal w/o d3 and cal w/d3)

for those from what ive seen here its suggested to do calcium with out d3 every time and the other 2 twice a month.

i dont know anything about other products at this point though, im sure someone can help soon!

not shure if there is a difference in dusting for panther vs veiled but i dust my insect with-
repcal calcium W/O D3 every day
repcal calcium W D3 twice a month
and repcal herptivite twice a month

our Panther is around 4 months now. We have a calcium only spray that we use with all his food, then we have the calcium with D3 powder which we use twice a month (or ever two weeks) and the multi vits powder we use the same (every two weeks)but on the weeks we don't use the D3.

Hope that makes sense and helps a lickle. That is just our routine and it is working good for us. Our Chameleon doesn't get real sunshine atm either (its to hot)

my dusting problem (veiled) is mananging to get that "sprinkle" of dust on them. I always get too much and the crickets are pale white and I spend way too much time shaking the hell out of them until most comes off

Thanks. I was told to dust the crickets etc three times a week (Calypso - just calcium) and use Nutrabol once a month. So I have been doing this and using the SuperCal twice a month in place of the Calypso. Is this correct? Could you tell me the best routine to follow please.

I read the guides thank you, very useful sandrachameleon.

Sorry, at the bottom of my post I meant the Calcium Plus, not SuperCal has been recommended to me to use all the time, not needing anything else at all with it. Is this correct?

Back
Top Bottom