Dubia Question

BMXICAN

Hello,

I have a good size colony of Dubia roaches in a sterelite container. I feed them fruits and veggies every two days. They eat everything up, rarely have leftover to throw away.

Yesterday, when I was feeding them, I noticed some small black little "worms" crawling around, almost looked like millepedes. I also saw some flying tiny little black beetles things.

I'm going to assume this has nothing to do with the roaches. What should I do about these suckers? Anyone had this problem before? Thanks!

Hi,

It wasnt at home, but i saw it sometimes. I worked in the Budapest ZOO vivarium (insectarium actually). Loads of insect where there so it seems we cant kill them with bug spray or so. We had to remove the roaches to a clear container, make new substrate and clear the old container.:eek: kinda pain in the ass to do this, but it was neccesary.
It was ages ago, maybe there is some other way to avoid them now!
Any other ideas?:confused:

R.

Hi,

It wasnt at home, but i saw it sometimes. I worked in the Budapest ZOO vivarium (insectarium actually). Loads of insect where there so it seems we cant kill them with bug spray or so. We had to remove the roaches to a clear container, make new substrate and clear the old container.:eek: kinda pain in the ass to do this, but it was neccesary.
It was ages ago, maybe there is some other way to avoid them now!
Any other ideas?:confused:

R.

Thanks for your input. Sounds like I'll be playing with bugs today! :D

Back
Top Bottom