Dogs and chameleons?

ThisNewCham

Can I let my cham ride my doggy?

Haha, I'm joking, but I do have a question.

Does is stress out chams to have a dog walking around every so often?

The enclosure is in my room, and the door stays shut during the day, but whenever I walk in the dog is sure to follow. He's a medium-ish dog (Daschund), and he doesn't like sniff the cage or anything, just walks right past.

I have 3 dogs, one a Great Dane, that live in the house with the chams. All of the cages are elevated but I am sure that the chams can see the dogs. The dogs could all care less about the chams. I imagine whenever the chams see anyone or anything moving they think "predator", but I do not see any stress on the chams part. They are not running or hiding. If any of my dogs took an active interest, were constantly sniffing the cages, or jumping around I would certainly remove either cham or dog to prevent problems!

I also have 3 dogs and until just recently they completely ignored the chams. However in the last week or so 2 of my dogs have decided to start bugging my veiled every time he goes to the ground. He has a 3 x 3 x 6 cage that goes to the ground and he spends the day checking out his entire territory. I don't know what happened but now i have to either fix it or completely move the cage. I am hoping that i can correct the dogs but time will tell. I will give it a little while longer, things are getting a little better. Just goes to show you that no matter how long you have animals things can change in a flash. 1 day they didn't care, the next they started barking whenever he came down. Go figure. Just be careful.

Debby

when my chocolate labrador walks in the room my chameleon freezes, then turns on her side if he gets closer. she gets a bit stressed

Back
Top Bottom