Docs new home

Itwas

So Doc, my young veiled, was starting to look like he was ready for a new home. After a few weeks wait and a nightmare episode with a supplier and courier company, i finally got everything (apart from the dripper) :D

exo terra hood is pretty sweet but the fan makes a bit of a racket.

29xackl.jpg

Looks like an Exoterra hood... 2 x linear flouresents and 2 x mini halogens for basking. I've never used their mini halogens but have seen them often and wondered...

This set up is gorgeous! It was brought to my attention today that I need more horizontal branches in my enclosure. Can you tell me how yours are attached?
Thanks in advance!

This set up is gorgeous! It was brought to my attention today that I need more horizontal branches in my enclosure. Can you tell me how yours are attached?
Thanks in advance!

Not sure what he did but I secure my horizontal branches with push pins on the outside of the screen of course! they hold well!!!

Not sure what he did but I secure my horizontal branches with push pins on the outside of the screen of course! they hold well!!!

Ah - great idea Carol. My enclosure is glass on two sides, and screen on two. The glass is on the sides that I would want to secure the branches... I would need a suction cup of some sort??

As far as securing things on glass, maybe magnets?? They'd have to be strong of course, but I was picturing like the aquarium scrubber thingies. And don't thy make reptile perches & hiding caves that are stuck on with magnets too?

thanks for the comments, he does seem to be enjoying his new home but i am a bit worried about him falling from the top. guess thats something il have to get used to.

to attach the branches i use a tiny drill bit to make a small hole and thread some fine wire through and tie them, i also use pins where the branches are thick enough.

Nice cage with lots of plants but please tell us more about your lighting.
hi Jan, the hood uses 2 x 18" tubes, 1 is a reptisun 5.0 and the other is an exoterra 2.0. i use this combo as his cage is quite large and the planting dense so i wanted to make sure there was enough light to penetrate as far as possible. It also uses 2x 35w halogen bulbs for basking but when you use the basking lights it turns the fan on which is a bit on the noisy side. its quite a good all in one unit if not a little pricey.

They make magnets for glass enclosures. I know on the Pangea Reptile site (sponsor) they have a ton of gecko supplies and included in that are spare magnets. Maybe check out what they have? As for suction cups, you could probably find them at a hardware store like Lowes or Home Depot, no?

I cannot wait for the spring time so we can get all new plants, repot everything, and just clean clean clean!

Back
Top Bottom