DIY cage just arrived! Our Feedback

Cham King

Well we decided to order a cage from DIY cages and give them a try. After placing the order we had a tracking number that evening. The next day it was shipped. Arrived to us in a well packed box and everything looked good.

After inspecting it i was quite impressed with the quaility of the materials and how it assembled together. All screw holes were pre drilled nicley and lined up great. Love the door latchs and handle great feature weve been without for years.

The screening was best ive seen in a while and was black which was great. The framing seemed to have a clear coating on it which really made the overall apperance great.

Over all great cage at a great price. The only thing i see is that for someone who has no assemble skills may get confused with no instructions other than what their lable says on the box "match the letters".

Great job DIY caging nice product. You have our business in the future.

thanks for the info I think I will end up getting one from them for my new baby cham, plus can't beat free tax and shipping.

cage

We will update with any info we have but going on what we see have hows its built i dont see any future issues.

I got mine today figured id just attach to this thread a couple pics that weren't on the website. I like it, its pretty solid.

bottle cap for size reference. I bought the smallest one 16x16x20

The only part I am not sure of. seems like its a crack big enough for a small roach or cricket to escape from. Easily fixed though.

My DIY Cage Arrived Yesterday Too!

I am extremely impressed with its quality, however, There is one thing Id like to comment on.

The Bottom, I feel the plexiglass is a tad thin, I feel that it does not bear the weight of a pot or two very well and flexs extremely.

Now, This is easily fixed as far as the consumer's end. I have made a simple stand to raise my cage up about 5 inches for a simple drainage system but doing so I have also given it posts that go across the bottom for support. Flexibility is not a huge downside, as it forces the water or drainage into 1 part of the cage, but I just feel this much may be over doing it.

- I think that if a 1/4 inch piece of plexi was used it would help, however I couldn't tell you how this would effect manufacturing and such price wise.

Overall, Well built, Screen is not flimsy or loose. Very Pleased!

I'm going to give them a try with my next cage order. They seem to be great quality and at a good price. In regards to Dnectrum, I think the base on most cages is somewhat flimsy. I'll have to see for myself.

bottom

My DIY Cage Arrived Yesterday Too!

I am extremely impressed with its quality, however, There is one thing Id like to comment on.

The Bottom, I feel the plexiglass is a tad thin, I feel that it does not bear the weight of a pot or two very well and flexs extremely.

Now, This is easily fixed as far as the consumer's end. I have made a simple stand to raise my cage up about 5 inches for a simple drainage system but doing so I have also given it posts that go across the bottom for support. Flexibility is not a huge downside, as it forces the water or drainage into 1 part of the cage, but I just feel this much may be over doing it.

- I think that if a 1/4 inch piece of plexi was used it would help, however I couldn't tell you how this would effect manufacturing and such price wise.

Overall, Well built, Screen is not flimsy or loose. Very Pleased!

Thats part of the reason their cheaper than others a sheet of 1/8" material costs less than 1/4" material. Other than that i agree it a great cage.

Back
Top Bottom