Diet

Cammie Ritchie

Hello everyone I am new to this experiwnce and i bought a chameleon a few days ago she is a light green is this normal? And she didn't eat the first few days today I decided to not hand feed her but put the mealwroms in her cage how many should i put in there? I put three should i put more next time or less? Thankyou for reading amd any other tips would be helpful for me and Pascal.

Hello and welcome! Please fill this form up and post it back here!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Hello everyone I am new to this experiwnce and i bought a chameleon a few days ago she is a light green is this normal? And she didn't eat the first few days today I decided to not hand feed her but put the mealwroms in her cage how many should i put in there? I put three should i put more next time or less? Thankyou for reading amd any other tips would be helpful for me and Pascal.
Hi and welcome! :) How much to feed depends on how old she is. Mealworms aren’t a good staple feeder to use. I’m attaching both the feeder and ‘gutload’ graphics for you to reference. Crickets are a common and readily available staple feeder, but adding some variety is always best. Roaches and silkworms are my favorite feeders and are very nutritious. You will probably need to buy those on line, so do check the forum sponsors.
While we say ‘gutload’, what is really meant is to keep your feeders fed a varied and nutritious diet so that they are healthy, and therefore a better source of nutrition for your chameleon.
Having a female means your husbandry really needs to be as perfect as possible to prevent any egg laying issues. I do strongly suggest you answer the questions that are above (cut & paste) and one of us can look thru and help you as needed.
B34824C1-DAE2-4A33-8C47-43878117E973.jpeg
110CD04E-905D-4F58-8FFC-106F5996F698.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom