crickets!

Leahryan

I feed my cham 1/4" crickets and he loves them, but recently they have been staying on the bottom of the cage and he does not like to go down there to hunt. He's still only 4 months old. is there any way I can encourage the crickets to climb up the sides of the cage?

i normally put the crickets on a vine near the middle of the viv so they dont get chance to get to the bottom.

my cham will chase them to the bottom if one makes a bid for freedom :)

if shes wants to eat them she will go to the bottom i`m sure

maybe if you have some kind of foliage down low where your cham can reach the bottom he might climb down on that as opposed to walking on the bottom of the cage. But he will go get them if he gets hungry enough.

I used to load mine into a jar and hold the jar infront of my Senegal. He'd put one foot on the jar and just pick them off like popcorn. He lived for about 4 1/2 years before he died so I know it didn't stress him out feeding him this way.

I think what you’re doing is fine, 4 months is still the learning stage and he will soon start to explore the mid - bottom. He can still launch that tongue from a good distance from the safety of his tree.

A small piece of fruit might encourage the crickets to climb back up. Alternatively You could use a feeding bowl suspended higher in the cage.

Back
Top Bottom