Cricket Farming ( What do you use to keep the eggs warm?)

millsamus

I just started to breed crickets and I have been looking for a heating pad to keep my cricket eggs at a constant temp 24/7

The heating pads I have found... all have an auto off after 30mins - 2 hours!!!

I am aware of the Zoo Med heating pad, but this does not have a temp gauge on it! You have to buy one seperate which is a money catcher. So I am asking help with how you keep your eggs incubated. Also more indept detail of what heating source you use and how long you must keep it on! :) Thanks all!

** What `F should the tank be for cricket eggs?

So fare these are the pads I have found that may work....

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/heat-pads-heat-panels-heat-cable-and-rocks/

Last edited:
Ive never successfully hatched eggs.:(

I would think you could remove the "safety timer" and leave it on 24/7 on a lower setting.
I have seen people use heat bulbs, and ceramic heaters as well.

Ive never successfully hatched eggs.:(

I would think you could remove the "safety timer" and leave it on 24/7 on a lower setting.
I have seen people use heat bulbs, and ceramic heaters as well.

That's what I thought..... being able to remove the safety. I am taking mine back to walmart. Going to check target and Drug mart tomorrow. Currently I have been using a 60w bulb but thats not on 24/7 only 12 hours a day and it does not get that hot, the crickets sure like it though....

I found my heat pads at fresh market. They do not have the auto shut off... Only place i found them at.

However.. I just started my breeders today and have a night glow bulb on them.

Try heat tape and a dimmer. It's pretty cheap and some places put it together for you. Check kingsnake.com

I use the styrofoam hovabator I got it at LLL Reptile for like 35 or 40 bucks, it works great at maintaing temps

there has got to be a heat pad you can find..mine is from the 70's soo no wonder it doesent have a shut off:D

I just started to breed crickets and I have been looking for a heating pad to keep my cricket eggs at a constant temp 24/7

The heating pads I have found... all have an auto off after 30mins - 2 hours!!!

I am aware of the Zoo Med heating pad, but this does not have a temp gauge on it! You have to buy one seperate which is a money catcher. So I am asking help with how you keep your eggs incubated. Also more indept detail of what heating source you use and how long you must keep it on! :) Thanks all!

** What `F should the tank be for cricket eggs?

So fare these are the pads I have found that may work....

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/heat-pads-heat-panels-heat-cable-and-rocks/

Most herps use "reptile heat tape" for these purposes. EDIT: To be clear, "high end" heat tape comes in WIDE pieces similar to a roll of duct tape and requires a controller to work. "Economy" heat tape comes in pre-set wattages for various temperatures but plugs directly into an outlet.

I just buy the plain heat wire and use my standard digital thermometer to check the temperature as they are not adjustable anyway.

kingsnake.com is not a fake site...it looks awful I agree but it is probably *the* biggest reptile trading site on the web (if not it is absolutely in the top 3)

Most herps use "reptile heat tape" for these purposes. EDIT: To be clear, "high end" heat tape comes in WIDE pieces similar to a roll of duct tape and requires a controller to work. "Economy" heat tape comes in pre-set wattages for various temperatures but plugs directly into an outlet.

I just buy the plain heat wire and use my standard digital thermometer to check the temperature as they are not adjustable anyway.

kingsnake.com is not a fake site...it looks awful I agree but it is probably *the* biggest reptile trading site on the web (if not it is absolutely in the top 3)

Thank you, I have seen a few heat tape strips on you tube, yet having trouble finding a place to get it. May I ask where you found yours?

aAnd yes king snake is very difficult to look at lol

Back
Top Bottom