cricket crack leftovers

jcal

maybe its just me but does anyone notice that feeders wont eat 100% of cricket crack. it seems like my dubia and crickets swarm eat most of it but there is always some stuff left behind that they wont eat. what is that stuff? i usually just dump new crack on top of the leftovers.

robmd1

Avid Member
maybe its just me but does anyone notice that feeders wont eat 100% of cricket crack. it seems like my dubia and crickets swarm eat most of it but there is always some stuff left behind that they wont eat. what is that stuff? i usually just dump new crack on top of the leftovers.[/QUOTE

hmm what happens when things eat? they poop.

jcal

umm its not poop. ive cleaned enough of that to know it the difference :(
its uneaten food.

robmd1

Avid Member
umm its not poop. ive cleaned enough of that to know it the difference :(
its uneaten food.
if you say so i know its poop left over in both my dubia an crickets it isnt leftover food whos knows maybe yours have better table manners.

Syn

Avid Member
Throw it in the air as a celebration!

Or you could try to smash it a little finer if it is indeed too large.

Bob 1000

But all in all they do love the cricket crack over other foods!!! I feed mines veggies also and they always leave behind some parts,, I guess our bugs are boooojjjjjjiiii,,,, lol...

Sounds like some of the harder seeds. Does the un-eaten stuff look and feel hard? like chunks, Or is it more flakey / powder?

Last edited:

ponders

Chameleon Enthusiast
The dubias eat it all. The crickets are the lazy ones, plus they poop in their food so I think I'll skip rehydrating it!:D

Top Bottom