Could my veiled eat this bug?

no i am pretty sure they are toxic with there stink and everything. Someone else will chim in

no i am pretty sure they are toxic with there stink and everything. Someone else will chim in

Alright thanks. I ran out of my supply of crickets and caught this 30 minutes ago and was wondering if I could feed it to Monty, lol. I can always go buy crickets tomorrow.

I wouldn't do it because of three reasons

1. You don't know what pesticides this bug of stink could have came in contact with

2. For some reason I think the stink is to deter predation but not sure if it is actually poisonous

3. I found a video of some guy feeding the exact bug to his chameleon on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6mjY3cTOo
but there are no more videos of his chameleon after this... could've been his end:eek:

I wouldn't do it because of three reasons

1. You don't know what pesticides this bug of stink could have came in contact with

2. For some reason I think the stink is to deter predation but not sure if it is actually poisonous

3. I found a video of some guy feeding the exact bug to his chameleon on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr6mjY3cTOo
but there are no more videos of his chameleon after this... could've been his end:eek:

Okay, well I read some more stuff and I've decided it's not a good idea.
Thanks guys!

If anyone else has fed theirs a stinkie, lemme know if it's safe.

There are 2 kinds of stink bug, a brown, predator, and a green plant eater.
It's hard to tell the difference, but either are harmful to humans.
I haven't heard of anyone feeding them to their chams, so I wouldn't do it.

To bad, I have zillions of these (both kinds) in summer.

Phineas has snagged a few of those when he has been outside. He LOVES them and gets really excited when he sees one. I don't know why. There have been discussions on here before about them. I don't think I would feed them to my chameleon on purpose though.

Deb

Phineas has snagged a few of those when he has been outside. He LOVES them and gets really excited when he sees one. I don't know why. There have been discussions on here before about them. I don't think I would feed them to my chameleon on purpose though.

Deb

Ive had chams eat them with no ill affect also.

Eh, I dunno guys.

I'm gonna take the majority of people's advice, though, and I'll let it away from Monty. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom