Cool Vid of Gecko saving Gecko from snake

that was damm cool, i hope it was a natural occuance and not just a perverted game.. i have my doubts.
very interesting non the less

Looks like some Tokays or something related. Also looks like cruelty to animals but what ever. Very well could have been natural though who knows. Craziness non the less

Wonder how the snake got up there on the wall?

Very valid question!! As an overly concerned pet owner...how does one allow this to happen long enough to think "hey! this would make an awesome video for you-tube!!" This has to be set up and that is just sad! :(:(:mad::mad:

it's pretty cool that the other lizard did that, but the video still looks like some form of animal cruelty to me. like a sick game or something... "hey let's put these aggressive reptiles together and make a youtube video of whatever happens"

As an overly concerned pet owner...how does one allow this to happen long enough to think "hey! this would make an awesome video for you-tube!!" This has to be set up and that is just sad!

I don't think these are "pets". These are wild tokays in their native habitat which includes people's homes in se asia- in this case thailand. Homes in this part of the world are often not very lizard or snake proof. The snake was probably higher up on the wall where there is some fabric of some sort visible, and was grabbed by the lizards.

I also guess you guys are correct- the geckos are seeing the movement of the snake and are attacking it. I kind of doubt one is trying to save the other. One has the snake in a hold, the snake has been taken from someplace where it had a grip. The other sees the snake wriggling a bit and tries a sample as well. Tokays are known for having an aggressive attitude as a defense. I had one once grab a glove when I was cleaning an enclosure and I took the glove off and put it down in the enclosure and when I returned over half an hour later- the lizard still had ahold of the glove. Another time one grabbed my hand and every time I moved a little it clamped down harder. Took 20 minutes for it to release. In neither case did I touch the gecko- both cases the gecko so my hand moving and attacked.

Last edited:
I don't think these are "pets". These are wild tokays in their native habitat which includes people's homes in se asia- in this case thailand. Homes in this part of the world are often not very lizard or snake proof.

I also guess you guys are correct- the geckos are seeing the movement of the snake and trying to eat it. I kind of doubt one is trying to save the other. One has the snake in a hold, the snake has been taken from someplace where it had a grip. The other sees the snake wriggling a bit and tries a sample as well.

Yeah, that's probably what's happening. I definitely didn't think they were pets by any means when I watched the video, but I was still in the mindset that some people caught them and put them together to see what happened. Mostly because it's on video. But now that I think about, I suppose it actually would make sense for it to be a natural occurrence where someone just happened to have a camera nearby.

Back
Top Bottom