Constipated chameleon?

EmilyChameleon

My flapneck cham doesnt seem to poop much?
is there anything i can do to get her going a little bit?
i've heard warm misting and warm baths/showers helps
is there anything else i can do?
she drinks alot - from the sprayer atleast twice a day for a couple of mins

warm shower, mist more often. mabey some kind of oil iv heard works. be careful though. theres bound to be a certain amount and type to use.

how often is she pooping?
what are your cage temps?
how often is she eating and how much?
what color is her urates?
w/c? if so has she ever had a fecal?

Most adult chameleons don't go every day so if your Flapneck isn't straining to pass feces then I wouldn't get too concerned. Extra water will keep her hydrated and keep things moving along.

Last time she pooped & urate was last week? maybe last monday/sunday night

cant remember cage temps off hand, in oC what should they be reaching ideally?

i throw around 5-7 dusted crickets every other day in her house - which i am going to stop doing and offer her one at a time in a tub or somethich which i have sen people do so i can count how much she has eaten as i really have no idea!

urates are always white. only ever had one urate with a bit of orange in it which was a while ago

what w/c? and a feacal? you mean fecal examination thing? if so then no she hasn't

Last time she pooped & urate was last week? maybe last monday/sunday night

Keep him hydrated.

cant remember cage temps off hand, in oC what should they be reaching ideally?I honestly have no experience with flapnecks but fro mwhat little reading i have done on them. i believe the care is similar to a veiled. daytime 72-75 ambients/90 basking and 60's night time

i throw around 5-7 dusted crickets every other day in her house - which i am going to stop doing and offer her one at a time in a tub or somethich which i have sen people do so i can count how much she has eaten as i really have no idea!Do you know the age or approx? imo it is very important to monitor the intake of your chameleon. it is a good idea to feed from a container if possible.

urates are always white. only ever had one urate with a bit of orange in it which was a while ago this is good.

what w/c? and a feacal? you mean fecal examination thing? if so then no she hasn't w/c = wild caught..i will suspect that she is as most are. I would get a fecal done on your girl as soon as you possibly can. If she has a heavy parasite load any and every little bit of food could be taken by these little devils. personally this is where i would start.

do you have any open soils, sands or substrates in the cage?

I haven't read much about flapnecks, but with other species it's not uncommon for them to "hold it" for what seems like a ridiculous time. I'm talking weeks.

While I'm all in favor of a vet visit with a fecal, I do think you can maybe step back the concern. Do get the check up though.

WE HAVE POOP!

Thank goodness fo that - it was only a small one after she got out the shower. didnt spot it until i put her back and went to clean up.

She isn't wild caught thank goodness she was bred by one of the petshop's owners.

Dont have any soil her house i did have vermiculite but took it out the same day as she ate a little bit when she missed the crickets.

now feeding her from a tub so i can watch her eat and write down what she does eat.

Thankyou for all the help guys :)

I just looked back to check, and you've only ever mentioned 5-7 crickets every other day - feed her more, and give lots of variety. Get Calciworms, mix in some locusts for fun or bluebottles for protein if you want to try and stimulate a bit of feeding and growth................

Back
Top Bottom