Closet Cage??

I was wondering if anyone had rnade a closet into a chameleon cage?? I have a Large Walk -in Closet and I just fnished building my new Mitsio I am picking up Friday a cage from a old restaurant kitchen shelving unit and I am wondering if Ican can turn my closet into a huge cage for my next chameleon?! I dont plan on getting another one until the end of the year at least but that would give me time to work on it. what do you think??:confused:

I DID IT, lol

here's mine, i didn't make it a cage, i made it a free range / home

photo14z.jpg

absolutely, there are other forum members who have, instead of having it open like me its super easy to throw up mesh to block it, or plexi and mesh.... up to you really, super fng easy tho,

here's mine, i didn't make it a cage, i made it a free range / home

ya. does your chameleon lke it??
i would want to cage it in to keep him safe when i am not home. I dont think I could do free range. if I wasn there it would scare me too much. lol l
yours ooks good though thanks for sharing it.

Edit: I am going to try it for sure. Ihad fun making the last one and I am sure turnin my closet into a cage is going to be just as much fun. thanks

My cham loves it, and each cham is different, I built a highway for them to explore around the room, that way they don't go wandering elsewhere.....

to be honest.. most of the time a chameleon will only leave a FR home if they are not being given something they need... food / water / light ....and i provide all of those efficiently

thanks that actually sounds like a good idea. So you think it would have good enough air flow with only some screen or should I go for as much screen covering the door way as possible?

That would work. You are gonna laugh. I bought my wife a pair of birds and converted the whole closet into a cage. It came out awesome.

Sounds like a great idea. The hardest thing would be designing a drainage system for all the mistings. How are you gonna get rid of all the waste water?

Sounds like a great idea. The hardest thing would be designing a drainage system for all the mistings. How are you gonna get rid of all the waste water?

Agreed, and you should probably paint the walls with Dry-Lock (can that be used on plaster/drywall?) or line them with plastic or a pond liner or something.

Back
Top Bottom