Classic Car Show

VerteX

Avid Member
Hello all,

Here's some photos I've taken at the classic car show I attended in Crocker Park, Westlake, OH.

Enjoy,

V

header.jpg

IMG_5109-2.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

IMG_5114-Edit.jpg

IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5126.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5077.jpg

Wow. You have an amazing eye and skill for capturing the beauty of so many subjects. I am always impressed with your work but this was a most pleasant surprise. I love old muscle cars almost as much as chams! Don't suppose you saw any old Camaros or 'Cudas?

Nice camera work. However I have to say, I would like to see more of the cars, lol. Being a car show person myself, I like to be able to enjoy seeing the whole thing. We have a 48 Chevy 5 window pickup and a 66 Buick Riviera currently, and another Chevy truck in the works. :)

Wow. You have an amazing eye and skill for capturing the beauty of so many subjects. I am always impressed with your work but this was a most pleasant surprise. I love old muscle cars almost as much as chams! Don't suppose you saw any old Camaros or 'Cudas?

Thanks Kent! Unfortunately there were no Camaros or 'Cudas, but there was a casket mobile which the same kind was featured in one of The Godfather series.

Nice camera work. However I have to say, I would like to see more of the cars, lol. Being a car show person myself, I like to be able to enjoy seeing the whole thing. We have a 48 Chevy 5 window pickup and a 66 Buick Riviera currently, and another Chevy truck in the works. :)

I totally agree about full car photos. I would have preferred to have some of that kind as well. I've got two reasons of not having them in any of the photos I posted.

When you are at a car show, there are way too many people in the way. They don't cut in front of you parse, but they are frequently in the background. When the space is limited and you can't use a long lens to blur them out, it degrades the quality of the photo. This makes it look like a snapshot rather than a photo. It would have been a whole other story if I could get a classic car owner to spare some of his/her time to do a shoot. Then you'd most definitely see some wide angle shots.

The other reason is that my wife was using the wide angle lens. :eek:

Yah, we have had calendar shoots at car shows and it's a total pain to get people out of the way for pictures. I totally understand that issue. The last photo shoot worked out well because my boyfriends dad has about 7 classic cars and lives on about 20 acres. They just park them out in the grass and get nice shots that way. :)

Back
Top Bottom