CITES help

Will is correct. I spent a great deal of time on the phone with our National Fish and Wildlife this past week. We, as US citizens, do not need any permits to import a CITES appendices animal, such as the c. parsonii. However, we do have to provide a copy of the Export permit (from the country the animals are coming from), along with detailed documentation of the animals captive born status or removal from the wild if applicable from the seller.
At the port of entry, ie whatever airport they land in, the local Fish and Wildlife has to inspect the animals and the paperwork before you can leave. It was suggested to me that I notify that local Fish and Wildlife weeks in advance of my arrival at their port so they can be ready for the inspection.
It is quite an ordeal, but certainly doable if you find the right breeder willing to apply for the export permit.
Top Bottom