Chameleon was in the middle of shedding and now has a slight prolapse what should I do I’ve been soaking it with sugar water

T1 Anime

My veiled chameleon maybe roughly about 7 months old was in the middle of shedding and then the other night had a piece of poop stuck to his bum and now this morning when I checked the poops gone but he has a prolapse I was told sugar water to help reduce it should I book a vet appointment? That was the first time he’s ever had trouble pooping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 80
Go to the store and get plain KY Jelly... This will keep in moist while your not putting the sugar water on it. The danger is it drying out.

I would book a vet appointment in case it does not retract on its own.

Prolapses can be linked to improper hydration as well. So just make sure this is on point.

Go to the store and get plain KY Jelly... This will keep in moist while your not putting the sugar water on it. The danger is it drying out.

I would book a vet appointment in case it does not retract on its own.

Prolapses can be linked to improper hydration as well. So just make sure this is on point.
So he’s been hydrated I would pretty well I’ve got a dripped and he gets listed and the top of his the crest is pretty straight so I’m just trying to figure out what happened and how this happened

So he’s been hydrated I would pretty well I’ve got a dripped and he gets listed and the top of his the crest is pretty straight so I’m just trying to figure out what happened and how this happened
He has a dripper and gets misted

If it's an intestinal prolapse, it usually will pop out again if you put it back I or if he vet does it and doesn't add a "purse string suture".
Whatever it. Is definitely keep it moist with the K-Y jelly until it is put back in.

If it's an intestinal prolapse, it usually will pop out again if you put it back I or if he vet does it and doesn't add a "purse string suture".
Whatever it. Is definitely keep it moist with the K-Y jelly until it is put back in.
I’m trying to get a vet appointment right now but the only vet near me that does chameleons hasn’t been answering so I have no idea if there on break or what

They only vet appointment they had was tomorrow at 3:30 they told me to put some Epson salt on there that’s been soaked in warm water so it’s kinda like a paste

They only vet appointment they had was tomorrow at 3:30 they told me to put some Epson salt on there that’s been soaked in warm water so it’s kinda like a paste

Yea everyone is trying to apply a shrinkage formula, and keep it moist. You will also have people advising sugar water for shrinkage as well.

So water based lube

And a surgar or epson salt mixture for shrinkage.

This is all on the assumption that its a prolapse, and not a clog that needs removed.

The best case this year was a "prolapse" that just happened to be the head/body of an unchewed hornworm that took hours to poop out completely.

Back
Top Bottom