Chameleon Size

nicolie85

So I took my little booger to the vet for his second dose of dewormer yesterday. He got his first dose two weeks ago and weighed in at 28 grams. Yesterday he weighed in at 29 grams and that means he gained a gram in two weeks. I know that he is behind in his growth due to having MBD, but at 7 months old what should his healthy weight have been? I am guessing that he is about half the weight he would be if he never became sick. So two questions:
1. What would be a healthy weight for a 7 month old male veiled?
2. Will he still grow to a "normal" size over time and look the same as any healthy adult veiled?

As a side note, the vet says Buddy looks good and I love watching the vet chase after him. Buddy was so lethargic when I first brought him to the vet months ago and now he won't hold still. My only real concern with him now is mouth rot, which the vet says may not clear up. I will stay vigilant with his medications and progress. Sure do hope that his health will be as strong as his newly found grip. Boy, his little nails sure do dig in these days! :eek:

This reply will be no help at all, but
it seems that there is no ideal size/weight for a specified age. Rather, its likely there is a range within which most will fit. I've got two male panthers from the very same clutch. One was a monster, growing fast and furious. His brother was much much slower off the mark, and is now as an adult only slight smaller than his "big" brother. At the time, I worried that one or the other of them was abnormal. I was told not to worry so much :) So long as they eat, drink, poop, keep their eyes open etc, just let them grow as they will.

Back
Top Bottom