Chameleon rehab?

Amanda1801

How do you go about *correctly* rehabilitating a chameleon that has been neglected?

Quick bit of history - its pretty simple! Got him at 6-7 months old, only fed on crickets - no variety, just brown crickets, ungutloaded, no supplements.

I've got calcium with and without D3 sorted, but was wondering about vitamins. At the moment, he wont eat anything thats been dusted :)mad:) but I've managed to get hold of some liquid multivitamin, that I've been putting into his water at the recommended concentration, and using that to spray his leaves and he is drinking it fine.

I'm currently doing this once a fortnight as per recommended - but that's for a healthy chameleon - how often should he be having his multivitamin added in order to bring him back up to a maintenance level? (He does eat well gutloaded insects)

Anyone with a bit more experience able to shed some light on my current quandry?!

I would recommend a visit to a qualified vet to determine what issues you are/aren't dealing with and then pursue treatment for any illnesses.

I would recommend a visit to a qualified vet to determine what issues you are/aren't dealing with and then pursue treatment for any illnesses.

been there, done that - had x-rays, antibiotics for a large infection, blood tests etc.

Dealing with MBD (which I'm clear about with the treatment) and general vitamin deficiency

Back
Top Bottom