Chameleon ran away

SaZzY

Hi Guys,

My chameleon is very timid and therefore we never handle him except for cleaning. When we clean him out we usually take him out on his ficus and he just sits there quietly on it until we,ve finished. Today I dont know what got him to him but he ran to the floor and now he's hiding between a big wardrobe and the wall. We can move the wardrobe its too heavy and we cant get him out. Any ideas??? :confused: :(

Could you use a stick/broom to kinda guide/ push him from under the wardrobe and have someone waiting on the other side to pick him up when he comes out?

Thanks he wasnt having any of it but weve got him now by carefully manouverin a coat hanger and a plastic vine :D

LOL I am so glad you got him out in the end - this has happened to us when we foolishly thought Gizzy could not get under our unit :eek: Thankfully she emerged minutes later unscathed climbing the tv aerial. Sometimes you just have to have eyes in your bottom.

Its good you got him out, but im sure coaxing him with a cricket or his favourite food would have got him straigt outa there.

If this happens again (which it won't, because you'll be on guard), getting a light shining behind the wardrobe if at all possible may help. My guy once got behind a bookcase, and once on the back of the stereo; it being dark in those places, he decided it was bedtime and went to sleep until I figured out where he was and retrieved him.

Back
Top Bottom