Chameleon not eating crickets

Zajlol

Hi so at the reptile show in Vegas I got a new cage for my cam and in his smaller cage he ate predict but now he won't eat the ckrickets and when I offer him a worm he will eat it right away, why I need help he won't eat anything but the worm and I only fed him one because I knew that they could get "addicted" to them someone help please thanks

My panther use to eat cricktes no problem. But he now will only eat them everyonce in awhile mixed in with worms. I know carols guy will rarely eat crickets anymore. Try Karmas idea, but if that doesnt work you might have to stick with worm type feeders for the most part.

Just to second what Karma has said, most chams will go on hunger strikes, and I know mine doesn't want anything but worms when she gets them, then there's always a time period where she keeps hoping for a worm and holds out for a while, then she will always go back to crickets. You can't feed JUST worms, so don't worry. Just save them as a treat, and keep offering crickets, and your cham will come around...

My guys doing the same right now. He always destroys food, but lately I've been giving him supers as it's easier for me to hand feed him those and give him his medication while he's licking his lips.

Best believe all those worms got him greedy, he turned down crickets one day and has been a pain in the butt. I gave him a day without food after he didn't eat and best believe he ate reluctantly the next morning.

If you just changed cages, it's typical that he is just stressing a bit from the change and will eat soon.

yes, my chameleon rarely eats crickets and I am not doing Dubia. So he gets, silks, supers, horns and moths. He seems to be fine. I gutload the supers.

So my chan still isn't eating! I took all the ckrickets out of his cage does it matter what kind I feed him? (black or brown) because that could be the prob I got the ckrickets from the Vegas reptile show they were black ones. So if that's why could anyone help? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom