Chameleon Kisses!

Supergirl

We are 2 days in with our new Ambilobe baby boy, Leonidas.. He has been doing really great... eating and drinking, normal poo/urate, active and showing no signs of stress. Today we even hand fed him! He ate a cricket right out of my hubby's hand :D So he crawled up on my hand... I started to gently massage his back.. all of the sudden he licked me! My hand/arm was completely dry and clean, no food or water, no lotion or perfume or anything! I thought it was pretty random. he was very calm and looking right at me, and he did it again! He would ever-so-gently just slightly open his mouth and lick my hand and arm.. Then hubby was like "i think he's giving you kisses!" It was the cutest thing ever!!! My Veiled's are pretty friendly, they love to crawl around on me, but they have never given me chameleon kisses :rolleyes:

I noticed my little guy Waldo, and my old little guy Niles, always do and did that randomly. They do it mostly to branches.

i belive it is a way of smelling for them, to sence other chams territory and what not. i read it somewhere, so i could be wrong

I believe it was A Chameleon Kiss and thank you for taking me and making me yours! Good luck with your new Baby :)

Its common and normal....my male panther does it all the time. He has calmed down a bit now that he is getting older but he is 'tasting' to see if any other males have been around occupying his territory.

Back
Top Bottom