Chameleon art - suggestions and photos requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger_inkart

Hello group,

I'm a scientific illustrator specializing in herps. I was considering doing about 3-4 drawings of chameleons. I've drawn one already (although I was recently informed I had mislabeled it on my website) which I now believe is some kind of a Mountain Chameleon?

Anyway, I'd like to draw a Panther, Veiled and a couple others. Could I get people to make suggestions for the other ones I should draw? Also, I generally work from photos so I'd be interested in clear, vertical shots (for which I would pay a photographer's fee and also a signed print when complete.)

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hello Roger, welcome to the Chameleon Forums :)

Nice prints! I am not an expert, but I believe the chameleon you mislabeled is a Chamaeleo Trioceros montium. You can find some specific information on the species by visiting this link.

Hi Roger,

I have many panther chameleons, as well as the species of chameleons listed under my signature. If there are any you are interested in, I'd be more than happy to send you a photo for your drawings. Let me know and welcome to the forums :).

Your drawings are very nice!

Chameleon art

Hi Jenna and Brad. Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with the latin names. I've already tracked down photos of panthers and veiled. I was thinking perhaps Jackson or Parsons? I do reptile and amphibian shows around the Bay area, so I have some idea what the popular breeds are, but it would be nice to get some input from actual chameleon owners. Am I on the right track?

I have hundreds of Parson's photos and would be willing to talk to you about using one. Another you might consider is the Armored Leaf Chameleon (Brookesia perarmata). I have pics of those too. Shoot me an email: [email protected]

Chris

Roger,
Werners would be a good specimen to draw, I'm actually working on one myself. The male has 3 horns like a Jacksons but the body is more colorful. The female has only one horn on her nose.

Jerm

Attachments

• MALE C. WERNERI 3-25-06.JPG
    MALE C. WERNERI 3-25-06.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 162
  • FEMALE C. WERNERI.JPG
    FEMALE C. WERNERI.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 200
roger_inkart said:
Hello group,

I'm a scientific illustrator specializing in herps. I was considering doing about 3-4 drawings of chameleons. I've drawn one already (although I was recently informed I had mislabeled it on my website) which I now believe is some kind of a Mountain Chameleon?

Anyway, I'd like to draw a Panther, Veiled and a couple others. Could I get people to make suggestions for the other ones I should draw? Also, I generally work from photos so I'd be interested in clear, vertical shots (for which I would pay a photographer's fee and also a signed print when complete.)

Thanks for any help you can give!
I think you should use carpet they are the most colorfull common care fulled chameleons. I would send a coulpe pics of so nice ones. My name is jeremy Elder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom