cham eating dead leaves?

John33871

is this normal. i just saw my guy eat a dead leaf in the pot where the ficus is. there is food inside his cage, and are leaves all over his cage. is this normal?

I've seen my veiled eat dried up Hibiscus leaves. Which seems strange since there's nice fresh juicy ones growing in his cage! However it's caused no problems that I've noticed so far !!

Dyesub Dave. :D

he is not eating his crickets, so i think im going to order some phoenix worms and silkworms for him. maybe he is bored of crickets?

That's strange .... I don't think mine would pick leaves over crickets! Maybe the leaves are providing him with something he feels he needs? My Veileds all love silkworms ... as does our Pacman frog!!

Dyesub Dave. :D

yea im not looking at this in a bad way, but a strange way. he is choosing leaves over crickets, so he must be bored or sick, and he doesnt seem to be sick to me. i think he might be starting a hunger strike, as others have stated that their chameleons have also done. anyone know how long these hunger strikes can go on for? monday im going to be ordering some silkworms as well as some phoenix worms to give him so more verity in his diet as i should have been doing

Back
Top Bottom