cham cage

jah

Finally upgraded my cham cage! Hes lovinnnn it.
Before and after pics:)

Attachments

• plant.jpg
    plant.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_4278.jpg
    IMG_4278.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 210
would you or anyone happen to know what the easiest/cheapest way to have a little drainage system would be?! reallyy need onee

would you or anyone happen to know what the easiest/cheapest way to have a little drainage system would be?! reallyy need onee

get/make/modify a stand to have nothing on the "top" then drill holes in the bottom of the cage and put a bucket under it. that seems to be the most basic and probably most used as far as ive seen. - couldnt see what your cage was on so i cant really suggest what to do but you can get a bakers rack, or make a stand out of wood or pvc probably and just put a couple support bars instead of a full top.

Your lights look to be the coil UVB bulbs. I strongly suggest getting a ReptiSun 5.0 Linear Tube Light bulb and a fixture to go with it. It would be more beneficial to your Chameleon. Also does he have a basking light? I simple clamp lamp and a 40 watt bulb will suffice.

He's a nice looking Ambilobe though!

get/make/modify a stand to have nothing on the "top" then drill holes in the bottom of the cage and put a bucket under it. that seems to be the most basic and probably most used as far as ive seen. - couldnt see what your cage was on so i cant really suggest what to do but you can get a bakers rack, or make a stand out of wood or pvc probably and just put a couple support bars instead of a full top.

sounds fairly easy,.where would i drill the holes in the bottom of the cage? center? corner? would the water spread, so i'd need to find a way to bring all the water to one spot to drain. I attached a pic here, think I could modify that into what your saying

Attachments

• IMG_4281.jpg
    IMG_4281.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 117
i would make some little feet or risers and put them under the frame of the cage to give a little bit of space (like an inch) then youll drill some holes in the middle of the bottom of your enclosure and then try and cut out a section that matches up with that on your stand.

then put a plant or something (with little feet under it) on the middle, so when the water drops down, itll fall towards the middle under the plant and go into the bucket under the stand.

does that make sense? i feel like i may have described that poorly.

i would make some little feet or risers and put them under the frame of the cage to give a little bit of space (like an inch) then youll drill some holes in the middle of the bottom of your enclosure and then try and cut out a section that matches up with that on your stand.

then put a plant or something (with little feet under it) on the middle, so when the water drops down, itll fall towards the middle under the plant and go into the bucket under the stand.

does that make sense? i feel like i may have described that poorly.

haha, i kind of get what your saying! just one question, what do u mean by little feet under it in the 2nd paragraph lol

try to put some sort of riser under the planter so the water will go under it easier.

imagine the plant in the middle, right over the holes - essentially you just want to put a little space between the bottom of the planter and the drainage holes.

What they said - get a reptisun 5.0!

Curious to know what that drape/curtain thing is on the right side of the cage?

Nice looking cham!

haha sikkk trackkk...and about the ReptiSun, next on my list! just need to find the fixture for the light, actually have the linear bulb for it. The drape on the side was just for the window, didn't want the sun blaring down on him so much. There's a heat lamp just behind the uvb lights, not quite noticable in the picc

Back
Top Bottom