Ch. wiedersheimi wiedersheimi

chamelisa

Taken from: Thread About Inbreeding

By the way, I should mention that I am not insinuating labordi to be on the same level as wiedersheimi. In fact, their relatively common presence in captivity and similarities in husbandry to other members of the cristatus complex tell me your efforts should focus on acclimation of future imports, trade with other keepers and refining of management techniques (where you are breaking ground already), instead of inbreeding. That should be your last resort, and I wouldn't say you're there yet.

Fabián,

I had to start a new thread because this is pretty specific. Hopefully if anyone is keeping this species I will hear from them.

It isn't the Ch. wiedersheimi perreti that I need to find other bloodlines for. Those came in a few times this past year and I bought what I could make room for. But it's the wiedersheimi wiedersheimi that I cannot locate. I had one WC female for a long time but she only produced infertile clutches. She came to me as an adult.

I'm sure though when the wiedersheimi wiedersheimi are available, then the wiedersheimi perreti won't be. :rolleyes:

I don't know how long my little ones (wiedersheimi wiedersheimi) will live. They are almost a year old. The female's little egg timer will start tick... tick... ticking away. :(

That's a shame about your female spinosus. I know you really enjoyed having her. I thought maybe you were able to get a male for her. Out of the species I've kept, they are my favorite... or actually my favorite of any I've seen. I'll keep trying for healthy offspring and maybe one day I can provide you with CBs. Just keep your fingers crossed. It will take some patience.

Last edited:
Taken from: Thread About Inbreeding

Fabián,

I had to start a new thread because this is pretty specific. Hopefully if anyone is keeping this species I will hear from them.

It isn't the Ch. wiedersheimi perreti that I need to find other bloodlines for. Those came in a few times that past year and I bought what I could make room for. But it's the wiedersheimi wiedersheimi that I cannot locate. I had one WC female for a long time but she only produced infertile clutches. She came to me as an adult.

I'm sure though when the wiedersheimi wiedersheimi are available, then the wiedersheimi perreti won't be. :rolleyes:

I don't know how long my little ones (wiedersheimi wiedersheimi) will live. They are almost a year old. The female's little egg timer will start tick... tick... ticking away. :(

That's a shame about your female spinosus. I know you really enjoyed having her. I thought maybe you were able to get a male for her. Out of the species I've kept, they are my favorite... or actually my favorite of any I've seen. I'll keep trying for healthy offspring and maybe one day I can provide you with CBs. Just keep your fingers crossed. It will take some patience.

Hi,

Yeah, I saw a few wiedersheimi wiedersheimi come in two years ago while managing husbandry at a local importer/exporter's facility, though we did not import them. They came from another facility, and were sold pretty quickly. Had I only known about you then...

I know I'll keep an eye out for them, and if anything emerges, I'll let you know. Hopefully others who keep them will chime in with their experiences and, even better, with surplus specimens for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do, and keep us posted.

Cheers,

Fabián

Back
Top Bottom