Carpets Outside?

KShook

Avid Member
Just curious if any So Cal residents that own carpets have them outside? Weather permitting of course! I keep mine indoors during the day while I'm at work and normally put them out when I return home till dark And repeat through out the week. I will keep them outside MOST of the weekend "when I'm home" and bring them in when dark comes. Misting is on my timers so they soak up the sun, shade and mist!!!!

What do you do with yours??

I'm in Florida, but I do leave them out all day if the weather is nice. This week it's going to be approaching 100F in my area until Thursday so basically no outside time for a few days, but when it's in the 80's, I definitely will have the carpets and panthers outside. They do really well as long as I am diligent about misting.

Yeah I would prefer my guys to be out 24/7 if possible but my only worry when I'm not home is someone stealing them... I would die if that ever happened...At least them being inside keep me worry free! But they get 50/50 so I suppose that's better than nothing.

Do you have an automated mister? Or do you hand mist?

I'm in Florida, but I do leave them out all day if the weather is nice. This week it's going to be approaching 100F in my area until Thursday so basically no outside time for a few days, but when it's in the 80's, I definitely will have the carpets and panthers outside. They do really well as long as I am diligent about misting.

I know, I couldn't leave them out if I had an unsecured yard or porch. I live in a second story apartment so I'm glad no one is going to steal anything off my balcony!

Outside I just hand mist since I don't have a second set of nozzles for the outdoor cages yet. But I will hook up the mistking outside if I move them outside when the weather starts getting less infernally hot.

Yeah, That's sort of my situation! The day I get a house my guys will be out FULL time and will be brought in when cold. The sun is so much better than lights.

Anyone else with carpets??

Back
Top Bottom