Can you keep mulitple girls together in a large cage?

Picasso123

I saw someone on here had like 14+ in an outdoor enclosure wondering if 2-3 would do ok in a cage together?

I saw someone on here had like 14+ in an outdoor enclosure wondering if 2-3 would do ok in a cage together?

It depends. You don't want to run into where there's competition for food, light, water, and general space. A big enough cage you may be able to keep 2 together but keep an eye on them especially because they can stress out, not eat, and get dehydrated very quickly.

i dont recommend it but if you attempt to, you will need a very large cage with multiple basking spots and uvb.

when raising young ones. you can tell when to start separating because usually a dominate one will hog the baskign and you will notice she will be aggressive eater. In return she will grow much faster than the ones that hang out in the middle of the cage and take the left over crickets.

In short, it is a bunch of work to keep multiple chameleons within a large set up. It is much much easier to keep track of everything when they are in separate cages.

ive been keeping 2 sisters and one blind male together in a 6 foot high by 4 feet deep my 12 feet long with lots of high ways for them to travle and 5 feeding dishes 2 misting spots and ive had one sister dig eggs naturally in the cage on the ground of soil sand mix and give me 24 eggs she is now at the top of the cage basking and eating.they all show good colors and the sisters sleep together at night probly to keep there temps up it gets into the low 60's some time. they are keept out side untill the temps hit the high 50's then i bring the females and youngsters inside.

ive been keeping 2 sisters and one blind male together in a 6 foot high by 4 feet deep my 12 feet long with lots of high ways for them to travle and 5 feeding dishes 2 misting spots and ive had one sister dig eggs naturally in the cage on the ground of soil sand mix and give me 24 eggs she is now at the top of the cage basking and eating.they all show good colors and the sisters sleep together at night probly to keep there temps up it gets into the low 60's some time. they are keept out side untill the temps hit the high 50's then i bring the females and youngsters inside.

ARE YOU CRAZY????????????????? Do you know how bad it is for a chameleon to keep two girls in with a male....When seeing another male, females get super stressed out whether or not they are being bred or not. It does not matter the size of the cage....that is a no no...i also read some of your other posts!!! Not to sound rude or anything but you need to change your Husbandry ASAP!!!!!!!! You are doing a lot of things that will eventually harm your chameleon so please change it ASAP!

ARE YOU CRAZY????????????????? Do you know how bad it is for a chameleon to keep two girls in with a male....When seeing another male, females get super stressed out whether or not they are being bred or not. It does not matter the size of the cage....that is a no no...i also read some of your other posts!!! Not to sound rude or anything but you need to change your Husbandry ASAP!!!!!!!! You are doing a lot of things that will eventually harm your chameleon so please change it ASAP!

Sometimes different things work. He's doing a good job with his chameleons - they are in excellent health and very well cared for. I know this because I have one of his Jackson's girls. She's a sweetheart and very healthy and robust.

I know you mean well and in most situations it is best for most keepers and most chameleons to be kept separately. We all should remember that people and chameleons are all individuals and keepers can try different methods and succeed with them.

I would really like to see some pics of that setup it sounds very impressive!!!

Back
Top Bottom