can chameleons eat pill bugs

They can, will and do. Wild-harvested pill bugs may carry parasites (as may any wild-caught food), but wild chameleons eat wild insects and pill bugs without ever thinking about such things.

I have heard that yes they can and they r high in calcium for them. I've also heard that wild ones are a little risky because they can carry diseases and r much higher in iron and zinc.

Yup, my xanth's love 'em! My wife wasn't too thrilled about the crunching noise they make when eating them though, lol. And yeah, it's only when we go out and collect, which always has its fair share of risks.

Yes, they can eat pillbugs and woodlice (Isopods). My baby Xanth has eaten a couple of tiny ones himself! I caught some from under the rocks in my parents garden and have been keeping them inside in the hope they will breed. I think sandrachameleon had some info about them in one of her blogs.

this made me happy. I know of some that are hiding in my moms yard, but i couldnt remember if they good.
so going to get some now and use as treats, (providing they dont die off during their one week quarentine period i impliment)

Yup, my xanth's love 'em! My wife wasn't too thrilled about the crunching noise they make when eating them though, lol. And yeah, it's only when we go out and collect, which always has its fair share of risks.

My jax loved them too! But it was a hoot to watch them shoot once, miss, watch the bugs roll up and then try to shoot them again and again as they rolled around in the dish!

Back
Top Bottom