calumma gallus

ciafardo 4

Hey was wondering if anyone was keeping calumma gallus males and females and could you post some pics , thank you

Hi
this pics are from my subadult male C. Gallus, I hope you like it.
gallus1.jpg

gallus2.jpg

gallus3.jpg

Wow. Your the first person I've ever heard of who keeps this species. Where'd you get him? How did you even find somebody that keeps these? lol

But that's a beautiful, kooky looking animal for sure. That honker would make WC Fields jealous!

This was the only thing I could think of after seeing those pictures...

Attachments

• gonzo2cz7.jpg
    gonzo2cz7.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 175
Aww! He's gorgeous! I've never seen those chams before. He looks like Gonzo from the Muppets!:D Thanks for sharing your pics!

edit - looks like Haley beat me to it, and included a pic!!

Last edited:
Wow. Your the first person I've ever heard of who keeps this species. Where'd you get him? How did you even find somebody that keeps these? lol

But that's a beautiful, kooky looking animal for sure. That honker would make WC Fields jealous!

I buyed him at Hamm show, from a friend-breeder.

wow, that cham is fantastic. I've never even heard of this species but it is very cool. Love to get a hold of one someday.

that is quiet the bizzare rostal appendage.

just WoW.. crazy

Love it though.. calluma species are awsome.

Okay, so here's my stupid question. Is the nose flexible or fixed (you know stable). Trying to figure out how they keep it from interfering with their tongue shooting. I'm sooooo blown away. Never saw anything like that before. They are quite beautiful (in a very strange sort of way).

yah, Good question.

Does the horn server a purpose like on jacksons? or is merely cosmetic.

Large,bright spots appear on the rostrum of calumma gallus when it sees a female.The females response, wich can occur in two seconds,is a display of little blue dots on her snout.
; THE CHAMELEON HANDBOOK

C. gallus in the habitat

Hi,
I think that those "nose" on the pictures from Bosco are demaged by transport or handling. Normaly this rostal appendage is soft and flexible. I found this nice boy in Madagascar / Vohemana. This is a kind of reserve close to Andasibe.

Attachments

• gallus.jpg
    gallus.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 243
Back
Top Bottom