Calcium Help ASAP

Anitec21

Hello how are you people i have a question i didnt seen any calcium without D3 bottles at petco or petsmart sadly i only have Calcium D3 and multivitamin so i now have to order it online what should i do? Can i feed them 4 crickets with those calciums till i get w/o D3 in the mail? Thank you

I would probably only dust with the D3 just once. It shouldn't take but a couple of days to get your order in. You could also go to the bird section and get the cuttlebone and grind some up to sprinkle on until your order arrives. Orrrrr, take your cham outside for an hour or so every day! That would be best! :D

I would just use it once, use your multi once and then wait until you get the plain calcium and start using that everyday.Most of us use the plain calcium every day and the other two twice monthly.

If you plan on giving your chameleon natural sunlight everyday for a good amount of time the d3 is really not even necessary. Honestly, my two are outside every single day unless it is raining bad so I do not supplement with d3 at all.

The vet in my area actually reccomends crushed Tums powder for pure calcium. I've never used it before, but probably would in an emergency situation. But there will probably be no harm done from a few days without calcium. If you're worried, you could try the Tums.

Last edited:
your lizard will be fine. dont do the tums unless you are a pro at turning hard things into powder. Your non D3 calcium will be there soon. a few days with D3 isnt gonna cause any issues. i might suggest that until the non d3 gets there, maybe just dust every other day, or bairly at all. In the wild, a chameleon is not going to get a constant supply of food and some days there isnt sunlight, and some days they dont even get a 1 bug. if you skip a day on food, then use the d3 the next day, and make sure it consumes a bunch of water after the d3 consumption, you will be fine. Its important to keep your lizard healthy, but dont over do it. good luck.

your lizard will be fine. dont do the tums unless you are a pro at turning hard things into powder. Your non D3 calcium will be there soon. a few days with D3 isnt gonna cause any issues. i might suggest that until the non d3 gets there, maybe just dust every other day, or bairly at all. In the wild, a chameleon is not going to get a constant supply of food and some days there isnt sunlight, and some days they dont even get a 1 bug. if you skip a day on food, then use the d3 the next day, and make sure it consumes a bunch of water after the d3 consumption, you will be fine. Its important to keep your lizard healthy, but dont over do it. good luck.

+1. Your Cham should be fine a few days without calcium. But try to get it as soon as possible.

Our PetSmart didn't have straight calcium until I printed out a sheet w/jar pics and took it to the dept. mgr. She ordered it and now has it in stock all the time. No one there even knew about NOT dusting w/D3 every day until I educated them.

Back
Top Bottom