Cage-Plants-Watering setup

pieter089

Just rearranged the plants bought some new ones and put up the misting/watering....the easy no hassle way. Cant believe it is so easy and I worried so much about getting the misting/watering right.

It is a nice looking enclosure. If I could make one suggestion, put some horizontal branches running side to side at different levels. You could cut natural branches to fit tight and put thumbtacks or small screws in the ends to secure them. I use crape myrtle branches from my trees out front. Just make sure to take off any loose bark before putting them in the cage. Some people bake branches for 20 minutes at 400F in the oven to get rid of any potential parasites. I do this just to minimize the possibility of mites/spiders etc but a lot of members rinse the branches off and put them in the cage. You also don't want twigs small enough for your cham to chew them off and swallow them because they will, especially youngsters.

It is a nice looking enclosure. If I could make one suggestion, put some horizontal branches running side to side at different levels. You could cut natural branches to fit tight and put thumbtacks or small screws in the ends to secure them. I use crape myrtle branches from my trees out front. Just make sure to take off any loose bark before putting them in the cage. Some people bake branches for 20 minutes at 400F in the oven to get rid of any potential parasites. I do this just to minimize the possibility of mites/spiders etc but a lot of members rinse the branches off and put them in the cage. You also don't want twigs small enough for your cham to chew them off and swallow them because they will, especially youngsters.

Thanks for the suggestion, it might not be vary apparent in the pix but there are two branches at different levels in the cage but wrapped in leafy vines, there are also some grape vines running across on tree different levels, he spends all his time in the front of the cage in the sun on the one branch with leafy vines though. I don't want to put to many things in the back coz I have to take him out in the evening so he can go in his inside cage. I will put one more branch in per your request.lol

I agree, I would fill up the cage a little more! Look at my photo album and you can see my outdoor cage. If is filled with plants and branches!!

Back
Top Bottom