cage for adult veiled

dodolah

Retired Moderator
Be4 i ask this Question.. please don't start yelling at me and giving me a whole sermon about being a responsible pet owner..
Trust me, i know...
and I do understand the importance of big cages for adult MALE veiled and i am planning to buy a big cage for him (he is still a baby for now).

But, I always thought that the height is the one that matter...

I know everybody suggest 24 L 24 W 48 H inches screen cage...

But I always wonder if it can be satisfied with the size

24 L 12 W 48 H inches?

24 L 18W 36H inches?

or 24 L 18W 48H inches?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Umm

I don't really know.

When I got my Female at 6 months old, she was in a TINY bird cage.

I bought her a 2'w X 2'L X 4'T

and thats all my Chameleons have been in since I got her that one.

My Male has a cage the same size.

I'm not sure of the "rules" on the cage size but my adult male panther is definitely in a cage wider than it is tall. It's probably 3 feet tall and 4 feet wide. He seems to enjoy it. I would just just assume that if he seems to be content in the cage you have him in and your common sense tells you it is a decent size for him, whether or not it is taller than it is wide, I would run with it. Just give him lots of room to roam...:D

I just ordered a 2x2x4 cage for Creecher. She should be able to retire in it. She has grown so fast, I seriously underestimated her growth rate. (what do I know anyway) I was more worried about her not having an egg laying substrate area more than anything. She will now! Oh, when you guys buy large plants for enclosures do you mist them with anything to help neutralize pesticide residue??
Thanks
~~G

Butter (male veiled, 6mo old) has been in a 18 x 18 x 36 , and I can see that he needs a bigger enclosure. He is almost as long as the cage is wide, when he is stretched out. I'm planning on getting him the 24 x 24 x 48, in January.

I have kept babies in screen enclosures18Lx 18Wx 24H without a problem. Just ensure that its cage sizes grow progressivly faster than your chameleon. Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom