cage for a veiled chameleon

dodolah

Retired Moderator
is 24LX12WX48H inches cage sufficient for his permanent home?
if it's not can i just add the height to compensate for the tiny length and width?
say 24X12X56?

I would think you need more than only 12" deep, I would suggest 24x24x48 for a full sized cham.

yah i would say 24 deep as well, the heigth is good though, you generally need more height than you do anything else but i would go more than 12inches deep.

ok i am just wondering about this for a while..
The current position that i have right now for him is very perfect (it is high above the eye level)..
Plus the angle of my room and the spot that he currently resides enable him to get a direct sunlight (windows open) from 10 am to 2 pm with half of the cage in the shadow.
It is equivalent to having him outside without the cons of actually having him outside (mosquito, bird attack, etc).

I really really hate it if i have to move him someplace else.. cause it was just so darn perfect! :)

but having a dimension of 24" as a width will cause the cage to tip over..
So i was trying to compensate the width by adding the height of the cage.

How about 24"LX18"WX50"H? i guess i can get it to 24"X20"X50"..
but if 24"X24"X48" is a must then i will buy it and change the location...

My veiled has a 48hx24wx24d. He is all over the place in that thing, but he rarely goes into the lower foot of the cage. You need to keep that in mind. They like higher areas. If you have lots of vines and plants and branches in the top 3/4s of his cage, he'll love you forever.

Of course, if yours is anything like mine, he'll eventually figure out how to get out of his cage when you leave the door open. And then I'd suggest having a nice 10x10 spare bedroom because he will take it for himself :D

hey y'all
i finally decided to get a 28"LX18"WX50"H from FLChams.
He said that is a good size for an adult veiled. It'll b ready next week.
I hope my cham will b patient.. he's 5.5 months now.

ok i am just wondering about this for a while..
The current position that i have right now for him is very perfect (it is high above the eye level)..
Plus the angle of my room and the spot that he currently resides enable him to get a direct sunlight (windows open) from 10 am to 2 pm with half of the cage in the shadow.
It is equivalent to having him outside without the cons of actually having him outside (mosquito, bird attack, etc).

I really really hate it if i have to move him someplace else.. cause it was just so darn perfect! :)

but having a dimension of 24" as a width will cause the cage to tip over..
So i was trying to compensate the width by adding the height of the cage.

How about 24"LX18"WX50"H? i guess i can get it to 24"X20"X50"..
but if 24"X24"X48" is a must then i will buy it and change the location...
Can you build a ledge at your current location? I know what you mean about the window. Mine completly changed his behavior when I moved him in front of our window. He sits on his highest branch and just looks outside when he's not basking. His sleeping schedule changed to coincide with sunup and sundown. He'll really like the bigger cage. Mine explored every inch of his new space for a full week. Good luck, David

Back
Top Bottom