cage floor suggestions

booshified

Hello,

I am looking to make a cage. I wanted a plastic bottom that is something like a shower floor. This way I could have drainage and such. Shower floors run about $120 and I didn't want to spend that much on one piece. Anyone else have any other suggestions. Just something that can be made to drain to one spot.

Thanks

Hydroponic drain basins are pretty useful and geared tword draining to one spot. But they usually run about 100$.

looking into all of those ideas. So far the best would probably be a utility sink. reason being is the others seem to be flat (in the ones I have seen) and not able to drain to one spot.

A large plastic plant saucer might do the trick. You should be able to find those at homedepot. They come in circle and square. All you need is a drill.:D

possible a large oil catch pan. (for changing the oil in your car) dependind on the size of your enclosure.

For our new cage I believe that we are going to use laminant like you would choose for your counter top...I think my dad got the idea off of here. It is neat b/c you can choose one color, and the other color is always like a wood looking brown. I believe my dad said it's like $25 for a whole sheet of it....... and you can easily cut it or whatever.

I also am gonna have to start building a new cage soon , here is the idea I had in mind and somebody beat me to it

http://www.chameleonnews.com/images/watering/pic5.jpg

building around the tub with wood is what I plan on doing as long as I can find the right tub that has an angled bottom and that has the size i'm looking for, so the water drains well as oposed to a flat bottom where some of the water would sit

Mortar tubs can be used. Really you would have to kind of build the cage around the dimensions of the tub you are going to use. You can find these at Home Depot near the cement.

My local home places sell 1/8" PVC. This is used on alot of the premade commercial cages you find on the net.

Plastic storage bins, trash cans....etc...have big strips of plastic that can be munipulated and cut to size depending on the application. May already have on around.

I also am gonna have to start building a new cage soon , here is the idea I had in mind and somebody beat me to it

http://www.chameleonnews.com/images/watering/pic5.jpg

building around the tub with wood is what I plan on doing as long as I can find the right tub that has an angled bottom and that has the size i'm looking for, so the water drains well as oposed to a flat bottom where some of the water would sit

this is pretty much what I am thinking about doing. I will have to start smaller however since I am planning on a young veild.

you can always build the full size cage now and find some way to put a screen divider in the middle of it that way the little guy can stay in the top half until he's big enuff for the whole thing, might be a bit tricky to pull off though if you think about it...

cage flooring

i bought odd 12X12 linoleum tiles for the floor of Amelias cage...easy to clean and sanitize and won't rot out. I put reptile bark on top of it about 2 inches thick. seems to work out well.

i was hoping to get something that had and edge and drained to one area. I know this is possible but it would be harder to do.

Back
Top Bottom