Cage Change Chams Colors not as vibrant =(

Audiboi08

Since my cage change to a screen casge I havent seen my Chameleon really show me any colors... other than when hes sleeeping could it be possible hes too cold... He shows off Green and an auburn brownish stripes... Any suggestions Im using a 100 watt light for a heat source

Since my cage change to a screen casge I havent seen my Chameleon really show me any colors... other than when hes sleeeping could it be possible hes too cold... He shows off Green and an auburn brownish stripes... Any suggestions Im using a 100 watt light for a heat source

What chameleon do you have? what is the distance to his basking spot from the light? I think 100watts is too much.

If he isn't showing colors, he's probably relaxed.

bright colors usually mean stress or excitement.

I have a Panther I was worried he was cold thats why hye wasnt showing his reds off and oranges LOL the he has 10.5 inches from his baskingspot from the light

That is way too much wattage for such a short distance. That'll probably lead to burns. get a 60W bulb, or raise the lamp a good 5+ inches more

i have a 100 watt bulb in a 2'x2'x4' enclosure... my panthers basking perch is about 5 inches from the dome of the lamp (suspended above cage). it is about 92-93 degrees and he seems to do fine

Back
Top Bottom