Cage Advancement Advice

camaleonte82

Ok so im gonna post pics of our cages that we just updated. i know there not done. they are still a work in progress, but we are slowly getting better as we learn more and more. i would love for some Advice on how to keep moving fwd to make them better and better.

We have Added more Live plants and Natural Branches. Also we Ordered a mister system because were not home as much to spray as much as they need do to work. we also made a free range that i would like to see what ppl think of it

Attachments

• Barnaby's cage 2.jpg
    Barnaby's cage 2.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Barnaby's Cage.jpg
    Barnaby's Cage.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Inigo's cage 2.jpg
    Inigo's cage 2.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 191
  • Inigo's Cage.jpg
    Inigo's Cage.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Jewel's Cage.jpg
    Jewel's Cage.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 196
Photo set 2

Attachments

• Jewel's Cage 2.jpg
    Jewel's Cage 2.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Lulu's Cage.jpg
    Lulu's Cage.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Xylia's Cage.jpg
    Xylia's Cage.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Xylia's Cage 2.jpg
    Xylia's Cage 2.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 211
  • Zip's Cage.jpg
    Zip's Cage.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 165
well everything looks good to me ..

only thing that i could suggest would be a little more dense foliage but other then that it looks pretty solid to me..

I cant fully make it out but what are you using as a drainage system im sure i way seeing a tub underneath but cant quite make it out

Nice chame btw >.>

I.think everything looks nice. Not too cluttered. One thing that I've learned so far and my only input is keeping pots branches and stuff off the floor and leaving the floor easily accesable for poo cleaning and w/o draining, wiping out sitting water but I would recommend some draining if you get a Mister and don't let too much of the water keep your soil wet. I put rocks in the bottom of my pots and you can mix soil with sand or peatmoss for.better pot draining.. but everything looks.nice and your cham of course!!

thanks to both of you for the advice. i actually dont have a drainage system atm. im not really sure how to make one to be honest. plus half of my cages sit on the floor instead of on a table. I usually just wipe out around the pots. and once a month i clean the plants off. my chams dont seem to go on the plants though. my one veiled actually will walk down to the bottom of his cage leaving the plants sticks and everything behind poop on the floor. then climb back in. like its litter box trained haha

Also rocks on the top of the potted plants. Large rocks to cover up soil and large enough to not swallow. Also, the Bromeliad....are you sure that plant is safe?. Veilds will eat certain plants. I know they like hibscus flowers. That red bloom in the middle might enticing for them to eat. I don't know, just a thought..... it is coming along nice though.

Also rocks on the top of the potted plants. Large rocks to cover up soil and large enough to not swallow. Also, the Bromeliad....are you sure that plant is safe?. Veilds will eat certain plants. I know they like hibscus flowers. That red bloom in the middle might enticing for them to eat. I don't know, just a thought..... it is coming along nice though.

Well from the research i did i am pretty sure it is safe and i have seen pics on here of lots of people with them in there cages. but to be honest i have never seen anything saying yes or no.

ok great!. Just trying to cover to all bases here. Just don't want anything to happen to your chams that could have been prevented.

That's why were here to help.and be helped as much as possible:) I forgot yessl you want to put large rocks on top of the soil I got a big bag for like 4 bucks at the home improvement store. A good draining system might.be to drill small holes in the.bottom and have.the cage sit on something to catch it obviously and reuse the water:) I wish my cham would poo in one spot she.seems to switch places after I pick it up:mad: its all good tho. She probably wonders what I would be doing with it anyways :p

That's why were here to help.and be helped as much as possible:) I forgot yessl you want to put large rocks on top of the soil I got a big bag for like 4 bucks at the home improvement store. A good draining system might.be to drill small holes in the.bottom and have.the cage sit on something to catch it obviously and reuse the water:) I wish my cham would poo in one spot she.seems to switch places after I pick it up:mad: its all good tho. She probably wonders what I would be doing with it anyways :p

haha i have no idea y he does it but its funny. thanks for the advice

the Bromeliad plant is fine. its not toxic and they dont chew on it. not sure if its because they are tough leaves or just not tasty lol.

Back
Top Bottom