Bumpy Chameleon

dholman01

Our female Veiled Chameleon has an unidentified bump on her hind-quarters near where the base of the tail and leg meet. Anyone have any ideas what this might be? She has had it now for at least 6 months, and it does vary a bit in size from time to time. It dosen't seem to bother her, but I am thinking that it probably shouldn't be there.......any help is appreciated. See attached pictures.

Attachments

Jordan

Have you tried to touch it?
Soft, hard, does it move some where else?

I am not sure I have not quite actually seen something like that before.

On another note she does look very dehydrated.

Jordan

Her eye does look a sunk in could be the angle or situation of the picture.

Is it possible that she has had a touch of MBD? Really at a loss for what the bump could be. My female does have a bone right there that is some what visible on both sides but does not protrude that much. I am sure someone will chime in with a better guess.

Dave Weldon

Avid Member
Howdy,

If she was my critter, I'd take her to a qualified reptile vet to take a look and maybe a sample of what is there. I tend to error on the side of caution. Does she "green-up" or is she always that brown?

dholman01

bumpy

She does green up nicely.....she was just annoyed with me taking her picture! We probably will take her in, thought we would try this first.

bg77

6 months????? Seems like along time. I think I would have gone to my vet say........6 months ago.

Almost looks like a hip dislocation to me, but photos don't always tell the whole story, so it's just a guess. Is locomotion affected in anyway whatsoever- bigger strides with the right leg than left, hanging of the left leg, keeping it raised?

Top Bottom