Broken toe nails

millsamus

Came back from my weekend partying and found my chameleon with a sideways broken toe nail in the front outer arm , both sides. Shes been growing so fast with new long nails. So I trimmed them all a few cm's get the pointy sharp ends off. I know the danger of doing this but I wont risk her loosing another nail or hurt a toe. For all I know she could have a broken front toe.

Comments???? Suggestions??? This happen to you???

Came back from my weekend partying and found my chameleon with a sideways broken toe nail in the front outer arm , both sides. Shes been growing so fast with new long nails. So I trimmed them all a few cm's get the pointy sharp ends off. I know the danger of doing this but I wont risk her loosing another nail or hurt a toe. For all I know she could have a broken front toe.

Comments???? Suggestions??? This happen to you???

dont clip her toes. theres no reason for this and they need them to climb. its okif they loose a few(sorta common). mabey she needs more gripable branches so she doesnt climb the screen or whatever so much,

dont clip her toes. theres no reason for this and they need them to climb. its okif they loose a few(sorta common). mabey she needs more gripable branches so she doesnt climb the screen or whatever so much,

Agree! My Nosy Mitsio has missing nails on his front hands because of his previous owners screen cage. he use to climb the sides and his nails got caught. I would recommend not cutting her nails as okiroo said. His are still missing but he has adjusted. if she ever has an open wound there are ointments you can get for them but other than that just give her more to climb inside her enclosure and she sould stay off the sides

thx for the tips.... but I already have more branches then most other ppl on this site... and yes its a 24x24x48 screen cage, she still climbs the sides, never the top anymore. I moved some plants around to make the top of the cage more comfortable "jungle like" so i am sure shes hunting and exploring. Some nights I find her on the bottom of the cage wandering. Dont think she eggs bound yet.

I placed her in an egg laying bin before and nothing happened.

you can thank your screen cage for that

Yea and i Have a FR also.. just not a permanent one. here on my twitter is a pic....

Ankj21mCMAAbFJO.jpg:large

Just a need a UVB light, but she only spends a few hours on it a few days a week. 4-6 hours

Back
Top Bottom