Brev. cage need minor help

Ok! im working on my Brev. cage.12dx30wx18t. that said here is how it goes
bottom to top

1)Hytroton-1.5"-2"
2)layer of screen
3)Layer of ground charcoal 1.5"
4)layer of screen
5)this is where i need help... i have ground and chunk coconut, spagnum moss, and sand. what else should i include? i was thinking about 4 inches deep.

reptisun 2.0 light shouldnt need a basking light. house is about 74

I mix the Bed-a-Beast(coconut fiber) with sand and make it about 3" deep. Then add leaves, rocks, twigs, vines, and plants. Little Pothos work great here. I use a Reptisun 2.0, and no basking light.

Use coconut fiber, Justin :)

Also,
i was wondering about this as I am planning on buying pygmies for my GF (she's very familiar with chameleon keeping and has been bugging me about pygmys :))

All that hard works of building the terrarium.. is that mean, you won't need to clean it ever? It's kinda lame to take all of that out when you do a major cage cleaning once a month.

please enlighten me on this..

yea that was the question i was just about to ask. i did some research on past post and i guess the hydroton sucks up all the water.

Mike knows what he is talking about!

Just wait-your heart absolutely melts when you open the box and see this...
DSCF0012-1.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

Mike knows what he is talking about!

Just wait-your heart absolutely melts when you open the box and see this...
DSCF0012-1.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

Mike is a nice guy. Fast communication. I emailed him at 5:10 P.M and he emailed me back at 5:12 P.M. He has great experiance and can't wait for my Deremensis to be sold to me.

haha cool little buggers. do they breed fast. i dont wanna have an invasion of pygmys, but i know for a fact i can sell them. i was thinking 2-6 male/female ratio.

Ask Mike, but I think that is an OK ratio in a tank that big. They do breed like rabbits. Mine are 7 months old and I have 7 eggs from 2 different females. I only had a trio, I am down to a pair. With 5 females they will multiply quickly!

i think if i am not mistaken, i read it somewhere on some chameleon's site that you don't need to do major cleaning as long as you put some rolly polly and the creepy crawlies that eat rotten stuffs...

but i might be wrong... that one is probably for frog's terrarium.
so, anyone? :)

Which cleaning question? The only one is where dodolah says something about cleaning it once a month.

i think if i am not mistaken, i read it somewhere on some chameleon's site that you don't need to do major cleaning as long as you put some rolly polly and the creepy crawlies that eat rotten stuffs...

but i might be wrong... that one is probably for frog's terrarium.
so, anyone? :)

Wouldn't they eat them if they saw them and they were small enough?

what about the cage cleaning question earlier.....me and Dodolah were wondering

My third died eggbound, I cut the eggs out and they are incubating. For some reason she would not or could not lay them.

As far as cleaning, I live in Florida and there are certainly some little buggies that help me out with that. I spot clean poop with a plastic spoon, and every few months I refresh the coconut fiber as it gets smashed down and the females like to dig to lay eggs.

I have no problem with water build up. I have never seen water in the Hydroton. I mist somewhat heavily 3X a day but the water dries up between mistings.

Back
Top Bottom