breeding advice

zarko

i am trying to breed c.calyptratus.
i have 3 yers old mail and femail that is aproximatly the smae age.
she has laied here first egg last septembar.
i put the femailn in males chage and she changed colours to bright ones ...
she was hissing all the time but was little darker green but not black or
borwn like she can bee.
she was running aorund trying to excape and he was foloving here...not ataking .
just folowing aorund the cage....there was no attempt of breeding..
firsttiem it was 20 days ago and the last time was 5 days ago...
what shoul i do...?!
she looks stressed so i am not leaving here in cage for more then 15 minutes ...

do u have any advice?

thakns

i personally own veild chams , and when a female is showing this defensive poshture , shes showing the male that no i dont want to breed so stay away , thats why she changed colour to show the male , you come any closer and ill get yea!, i had this problem when i first started out she wouldnt except him , so i kept on waiting two more weeks everytime, long story short i ended up waitin 2 months befor she would except him so every two weeks have the male or female on your arm and show them to each other if the female reacts and changes colour or even just gaps with her mouth open or has one arm in the air in a L shape , this means shes geting into a defesive poshture so shes not ready, but just keep on trying until shes A ok , like doesnt turn any colour or puffs up she has to be her normal self , but hope this helps you out some

Boothy

yea np , it sounds like your doing a great job if they are three yrs old , that quite old for a female veild , but all you have to do is wait so be pateint lol

Back
Top Bottom