braided money tree

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
are these trees safe for chams to eat. my veiled always wants to eat the one i have when hes out free ranging he heads straight for it, right past his hibiscus:confused:. i looked on the database but i do not know the scientific name for it.
thanks

hoj

it is toxic to reptiles (Chemeleons) do NOT get it!!!

Thats what Ive heard but I haven't seen any ill effects from ingestion or perching on. My chameleons encounter them in the sun room and actually like sleeping on the braided money tree. I took them out of circulation for their enclosures though.

This is all I found. Hope it helps

There are no reports of Pachira aquatica (money tree) being toxic to pets or animals. However, this is a relatively new plant on the market, so the data may not be thorough.

As a parent, I would advise that any plant is potentially toxic to an infant or toddler for other reason. Choking s always a potential problem and children can be hurt if a plant topples on top of them. My advice is to keep ALL plants out of reach of infants and toddlers, at least until they are past the oral stage when everything gets tested in their mouths.

Please let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any additional questions.

If this information has been helpful, please click the Rate Volunteer bar below and enter a rating and nomination for me. I am a volunteer on this site so Ratings are the only compensation I receive for answering plant questions.

Visit my website at www.HorticulturalHelp.com

Regards,
Will Creed, Interior Landscaper
Horticultural Help, NYC

You can E-mail me directly at: [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom