Bottom

waynederby

After moving Yoshi into her new bigger cage, she has recently been spending sometime towards the bottom of the enclosure.
She doesn't seem to be acting strange in any other way, she is eating fine and her poo and urine seems normal.

She doesn't spend all day down there.... probably about 1hr on and off throughout the day i believe.

She is around 3 months old...

I have attached a video for your attention? Does she look okay to you? is this normal?

Thanks for any advice in advance :)

P.S i recorded this on my phone so its not HD or anything amazing like that!

What are the temps during the time she goes down to the bottom? Is it the same time everyday? Maybe she is getting to hot during that time and is trying to find a cooler spot. It seems that you dont have many vertical branches up top or in the middle of the cage. I would add some more branches through out the entire cage as to give her more roaming options and also to find her comfort zone easier.

3/4 up the cage it is about 80.6 ºF....

I have a vine wrapped around the plant and a branch near the top....
she normally hangs out in the same spot and sleeps in the same spot.... So i think she is comfortable

After watching the video again it seems she was trying to get to the middle of the cage on the plant but of course the leaf cannot hold her up. You for sure need more branches in the cage for her. JMHO.

3/4 up the cage it is about 80.6 ºF....

I have a vine wrapped around the plant and a branch near the top....
she normally hangs out in the same spot and sleeps in the same spot.... So i think she is comfortable

But you still want more options throughout the cage and not just the top. I use push pins to layout branches through the entire cage.

Does this look better?

Ive added a few more branches and just lent them on some stems but are very sturdy.

2012-06-25195452.jpg

Does this look better?

Ive added a few more branches and just lent them on some stems but are very sturdy.

2012-06-25195452.jpg

You want some that can go pretty much all the way across at different levels throughout the cage. The best way that I have found is you use push pins. What you do is from the outside the cage screen push the pin into the end of the branch on both ends of the branch which securely holds the branch in place. I wish I had a good pic to show you but I do not. I will try to link you to a post in the forum on showing you what I am taking about with different levels of branches going vertically across.

You want some that can go pretty much all the way across at different levels throughout the cage. The best way that I have found is you use push pins. What you do is from the outside the cage screen push the pin into the end of the branch on both ends of the branch which securely holds the branch in place. I wish I had a good pic to show you but I do not. I will try to link you to a post in the forum on showing you what I am taking about with different levels of branches going vertically across.

I understand thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom