Both Chameleons still with eye closed?

chameleonsPR

Still my Sambava Panther has his right eye closed he also has a gular edema which i am still trying to reduce. Today i started giving him pedialyte to hidrate him, i am also giving him still baytril because he had some sort of infection it was for 10 days but could only give it for 6 and he relapsed after having both eyes open. After the pedilayte today and a shower he started shedding all over very strange i then gave him more in the afternoon. I never have had them with a dripper i will star one tomorrow. i just installed a herp mist system for both cages , cause i thought it might be that they were not getting enough water. 4 times a day 9 am for 4 min , 12pm 10 min, 2pm 5min and 4 pm 10 min mist. Still i think is to llitle water for them since they are in the outdoor sun.

My BB ambilobe male also started with the closed eye a bit after the sambava started , so that is when i decided to move the cages to new area where is not as hot and better misting system. This one was done a fecal an he had nematodes i gave him .06cc of panacur friday and on sat he pooped what i thought was some white stuff on top of poop and he started to open his eyes he is 116 grams. My doctor recomende me to give .06cc for 3 days i only gave it on Friday and Sunday didnt want to od him. He was looking better on sat but had to move them on sunday form their new area to another because the barbecue was blowing all the smoke towards them .

I also gave him some pedialyte just in case, is it normal for animal to close eyes if it has parasites, the doctor said he was full of them , he had eaten a full lizard or anole about 2 weeks ago maybe he caught them there.

i am posting to pics of poop so that you guys can let me know how they look of if they look dehydrated. The one in the foil is of the BB ambilobe that was taken for fecal and was positive. The other one is the most recent of the Sambava and was done a fecal and was negative. I believe the sambava eye problem is because of the Edema but also the BB may be having the same effect since they were fed the same suplement schedule but was younger than the Sambava.

Sorry for all the post they are all about the same problem , i just want to correct and not loose my to panther which i value very much. In the end my last change for now will be a dripper and was thinking of maybe briging them to a coverd area with some reptisun but i dont know, i really dont know what to do anymore. Please any help will be great.

Sambava Feeds on hand feed forcefully, BB is feeding now an then not as he used to.

P.S i have a full batch of Baby Veiled born about a week ago doing great that is the only happy thougt i have....

Cage 24 x 24 x 48 Metal Screen
Natural Sun
Pothos, Umbrella Plant
Water - Herp Mist, 4 cycles 2 - 4 minutes and 2 - 10 minutes.
76 - 93 in some areas but has shade where he can hide.
crickets and superworms 10 of each but alternate them.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMGP0135.JPG
    IMGP0135.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMGP0139.JPG
    IMGP0139.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMGP0144.JPG
    IMGP0144.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMGP0148.jpg
    IMGP0148.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 168
the baby does looked dehydrated.
orange urate seems to confirm this.
but, it can also means a kidney failure, i am not sure.
(this is the fact that worries me the most).
I think it's a good idea for you to contact your vet again.

Closing eyes is a general symptom which basically tells you that he's not feeling well.
It is often recommended for you to increase the chameleon's water supply during panacur regiment.

Just a quick note. When your vet tells you to give the meds for a certain number of days, i would not discontinue early unless absolutely necessary. Just like in humans, we may look better and act better, but we might still have the virus, bug, parasites, etc. Stoppiing early will just make it harder to treat next time. Again, that is if there is not a major reason for stopping early. Also usually panacur is usually done again in 2 weeks to kill any eggs. Let us know how they are doing. I would bring him to the vet because there are numerous things that could make his eyes close and unless you can correctly identify exactly what it is, time is slipping away.
Sorry about not being quick. lol

Debby

Back
Top Bottom