black spots on my chameleon

DeeN93

I have notice that some black spots are appearing on my baby girl chameleon i want to know what they could be :confused: someone help please

yeah pics would be usefull and you didnt say how old or what type of cham you have. just in general this could be a sign of being gravid. but going by how you said "babygirl" im asumeing you mean a young cham and in that case im stumped. :/

cham

its a veild chameleon and its about 25 weeks old and im new at this so how do you add photos :)

I have found that the easiest way to post pictures on a forum like this is to go to www.photobucket.com and open an account (Its free). You can then upload your pics and then they can posted. This can be accomplished by either inserting the image or by copying the img address from photobucket and pasting it into your reply.

As for the spots, do they appear at certain times? Like when you approach the enclosure try to pick up the Cham or when another pet is in the room? Or are they there all the time? They may just be stress colors if they are only showing up when you are trying to handle or get close.
Pics will help though.

cham

ok thanks dude I will post pictures as soon as i can i yes well she has one black spot on top of her head and that has been there for like a month n recently she had a black spot under her mouth but that one is gone now

Yeh my cham has them to he is only a 9 week old veiled male, I've been doing a lot of reading and a lot of people think they are just bruises from rubbing there head or falls, is she still acting the same and still eating? This is a pic of mine
31b6802a-d1f6-5f9a.jpg

Baby Veiled's, I have read, tend to get these black spots when stressed. I am not sure as to how accurate this is, however when my veiled was a baby he had te same black spotting but he had only one underneath his chin

Ok so u know almost 100% that those marks are bruises, had google playing today and he was climbing under a little vine and got stuck so he tried to wiggle his way out and as soon as he got free there was a black mark just behind his casque which was where the vine was sitting and looks like the ones on his, leading me to believe bruising

oh i see n that baby cham is so cute :) then maybe the black spot that my cham has is a bruise because my other cham bit him like 2 months ago

I'm pretty sure it is, it's amazing hoe easily they bruise I saw it come up with in a second of the struggle, I'll try and take a pic of his new one, crazy little critters

my cham has never had that but i do know that the way that if they are not like perfect little dots they are probably little boo-boos but my cham had one little black stretch but it went away a day later

View attachment 161952 Is this black thing stress or a bruise?! I'm really worried!

I don't think it is a bruise or stress. I will do some research and see what I can find out....maybe an infection or could be fungal???? It's possible it's a burn from the basking lamp. I really don't know. Most people are sleeping right now but check back tomorrow and I'm sure there will be someone on here that can help. If I find out anything tonight, I will post it here.

I just found this post from two months ago written by someone who really knows chameleons. I'll keep looking. I want to find a picture to compare with your chameleon's black spot.

"That is an infection and require veterinarian intervention. The feet are very prone to injuries and infections, which quickly affect and deteriorate the bone, if not treated. There is no way to tell whether this was caused by a cricked bite, a burn, or perhaps a sharp bit of screen or other puncture, but it needs speedy treatment!

If you think it may be a burn, then you should reassess your caging and eliminate that possibility, as you should know that there is nothing that could have burned the chameleon, in a properly set up cage.

I'm not placing blame and this looks for all the world like an insect bite or other, common injury, but now you know what needs to be done.
Good luck with your chameleon.

#3Extensionofgreen, May 13, 2016"

Back
Top Bottom