Black pigment around nose!

suncei

Hello,

My Panther 12Month just got this .... this afternoon ..... its just a black pigment around his nose ONLY ON ONE SIDE.... not sure what it is or what to do about it? SHOULD I BE WORRIED?

thanks

christian

Attachments

• DSC_0149.jpg
    DSC_0149.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 192
i am not sure if it's the same thing, butttttttt - with my girl, when she leans against something for an extended time, or gets something pushed on her (like if i were to poke her side for whatever reason) that spot will turn black for a period of time. i guess you can look at it as those lines you can get in your skin like you fell asleep face first on the couch

i dont think you have anything to worry about. What are his temps?

temps in cages : Basking 86-89 degrees and lower part of cage mid 70's .... The cage is connected to 3 mist king nozzles 20 sec intervals 8 times a day humidity stays at about 30% all day....

Plenty of live vegetation and uvb and heat bulb and reptisun 5.0 18" bulb ..... And i take him outside almost daily....

as you are. id just keep an eye on it.

only things that popped into my head when i saw it was "possibly".

1)trauma/injury may have fallen and bumped his face on the way down. this is the thing ive noticed. even if it was not a fall and lets say he is having problems with his nasal passage or basically anything around that region. he may show stress/black colors in that particular area.
2)cold - this cant be with your temps, unless maybe a a/c draft or fan...

Back
Top Bottom