BIG PROBLEM!! over heating is the key word!

SarahChamlove

okay, so if any one has ever followed my threads previously, you would know that i live in phoenix arizona.

Very Hot climate during this time of year and it is very dry. And I was noticing for the last couple of days that my house is a bit hotter then normal which making my chameleons cage about 5 hotter then average.

My air conditioner stopped working!!! It's almost summer! I have the basketing light turned OFF and the temps are:

basketing area is 87-90 degress
the ambinet air is 78-80 degress.

What you guys do, well other then get the air fixed asap?

is it best to keep just the basketing light off so that i don't over heat my pour babies. My both has a shower yesterday. Would it be best to keep giving them showers til i get the air fixed!

Wow that's hot! Probably more uncomfortable for you than them though. Just keep their basking lights off until you get the air fixed.

Wow that's hot! Probably more uncomfortable for you than them though. Just keep their basking lights off until you get the air fixed.

You know I am pretty use to it. a fan and one door open is all i really need. The air is kinda working, it is just not blowing the cool air out of the vents. so its doing little good as of now. i can handle 80 to 90 degress this time of year, its the summer im a worried about. it can get as high as 120 degrees!

You know I am pretty use to it. a fan and one door open is all i really need. The air is kinda working, it is just not blowing the cool air out of the vents. so its doing little good as of now. i can handle 80 to 90 degress this time of year, its the summer im a worried about. it can get as high as 120 degrees!

I have evaporative coolers that cools and keep humidity. you just have to know how to work with arizona, and not against it. keep your chams cages on interior walls. get a mister that automatically mists allot. live plants lift your bulbs off the cage 8 to 10 inches. some times I even use the zoo med tank fans to blow across the top of the cage. the less sun light you let in your house the cooler it will be. early morning sun light and evening sunlight if your gonna have natural sun light. I am in arizona too. I also use zoo med repti-foggers on timers. helps with humidity. I know alot of people say no about water falls. but since I clean my cages and waterfalls every day it works for me.

I have evaporative coolers that cools and keep humidity. you just have to know how to work with arizona, and not against it. keep your chams cages on interior walls. get a mister that automatically mists allot. live plants lift your bulbs off the cage 8 to 10 inches. some times I even use the zoo med tank fans to blow across the top of the cage. the less sun light you let in your house the cooler it will be. early morning sun light and evening sunlight if your gonna have natural sun light. I am in arizona too. I also use zoo med repti-foggers on timers. helps with humidity.

thats good to know. I've had my chameleons for 2 months now and I've been wanting to get the repti-fogger. I think it is much needed now! on some of the cooler days we had this year, I've taken them out and had a walk with him. The seemed to enjoy.
But i definately want to get the fogger. I use alot of water!

Back
Top Bottom