Big Boy Cage

Scooter

I just put Butter in his new cage. I got him a 24x24x36. Even though he was in an 18x18x36 this just seems so much bigger !!!!

I have both the schiffelara and the ficus in there and a small pathos on the bottom. Altho, Butter never has even visited the bottom 12 inches of his cage. I didn't get the 48 inch one, because I wouldn't be able to get to the top of the thing, for lighting and water dripping (as it sits on a table in the living room) ....so he is just going to have to do with this one.

He is mighty pissed at me for moving him. I tried to make it as easy for him as possible, but I don't think Butter likes change much.

I misted the cage down, turned on his basking lamp and his uvb, and after 3 hours he has finally come out from the depths of the ficus to bask. I did toss a few crix in there too, but will give him silkies in the am in the same basic area of the cage that I used to put his dish in...I wonder how long it will take him to get comfy and eat again.....:rolleyes:

yea...... 48 would have been better. even if you had to modify what the cage sits on. that isnt much room for an adult chameleon. what species is he?

He is a veiled. He is 6 months old, and maybe come summer, I will figure out how to work the extra foot in height into my living room. Problem being, that I have 2 big dogs, that are used to plants on tables...and I've so far been able to convince them that the chameleon cage is just a "plant in a cage"....

For the next 6 months or so, I'm sure Butter will enjoy the extra room from his other cage. And once the weather warms in spring, he can go outside into his pop up cage for some lovelly Ca. sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom