Baytril dosing in community Pygmy Chameleons

Takara

If you had 4 chameleons in one enclosure, 2 have swelling in eye drain ducts from infections. A third one cham scratches eyes on branches but has no visible swelling yet. The last cham shows no signs.

I will defiantly be dosing the two with the swelling, but what about the one scratching? Should I dose him too, or hold out until he has swelling?

The fourth showing no signs will defiantly not be dosed.

I also have fresh Reptaid and liquid vit A (Retinol Palmitate) I could use. I also will be using bene-bac plus bird and reptile to offset antibiotic.

maybe you shoudl quarentine the sick ones, maybe its spreading from sharing the space
and is it terramycin what is the eye medication?

Was first given 'Gentamicin Sulfate Ophthalmic Solution USP , 0.3%' as eye drops, but no changes were noticed in the animals.

I also have pure saline solution available (no additives)

i wouldnt dose the one whos scratchin his eye. it could be he's just cleaning his eyes. but im no expert
post pictures it really helps others

I read somewhere I cant rember where that you should always spray the pygmie eyes when misting so they can flush them. No sure it is true but so far is has worked for me .

I've been misting eyes with a hand mister and filtered water. I also run a Mist King ultimate setup.

Ouch I'm sorry to hear that Now I'm gonna start worrying. Keep us updated on the treatment and Good luck with your little jewels.

Ive never weighed a pyg so this would go off of 1g.

Im no vet or anything close to it. So if this doesnt get moderated take it at your own risk.
Diluting baytril to .454 strength. Dosing at 5mg. Draw .5 of water and .01 of baytril. Administer .01 per (1 gram) pyg for 10 days.

How could you administer this and do it safe? I can only think she can inject a feeder, smear the back with benebac and pray for the best. To BOOT all this on a 1/4 inch cricket :confused: They are so tiny :eek: I guess it is worth a try but please let us know how it goes with updates.

Please moderate my post if it is misleading or wrong in any way.

Back
Top Bottom