Backed Up Humidifier From Rig

Bokaru

So I bought a little ultrasonic air humidifier the other day and made a system to channel the fog produced by it to the top of the cage. It works really nice, for about a minuet. Then I guess it chokes back on itself and fog starts coming out of the base.

Has anyone had this issue and how did they go about fixing it?

I cant offer any pictures at the moment, but once the battery for my camera charges I will upload some. For now Ill give you the specifications.

Humidifier: Air innovations Air Humidifier with Nightlight

The pieces below run in order from the opening of the humidifier to the screen on the top of the cage.

5/8" inside diameter rubber tubing placed into opening. (1' long probably about an inch in the humidifier)
5/8" copper coupler (tubing coupler on one side 1/2" female threaded on the other side)
1/2" PVC Male threaded on one side. PVC slide in coupler on the other
4' PVC pipe then a 1/2" elbow joint a 1' PVC pipe and a 1/2" elbow joint that opens to 2" diameter.

Sorry the description is difficult to picture, but its basically a 1/2" PVC L with a widened opening and a rubber hose on the other side.

Here are some pictures. The rubber hose looks kinked at the bottom, but its just where its going into the humidifier. It has almost a boomerang shaped opening.
Top:
Fog System 1.JPG
Side:
Fog System 3.JPG
Humidifier and coupler:
Fog System 2.JPG
Close up on the coupler:
Fog System 4.JPG

Just tested running it with out the 4' length of pipe. It seems to work or at least has been for an hour or so.

I think I need to construct a hanging bench for above the enclosure, Im running out of space above and I hate just letting stuff sit right on the screening to stretch it out.

I would like to try placing something over the mouth of the humidifier and sealing it just to see if where the pipe was jammed down into the thing was causing the problem or not... Might just try some hot glue until I can confirm it as a success or failure.

Back
Top Bottom