Back in the saddle -- new Kinyongia multituberculata babies

Seeco

Avid Member
After loosing a few clutches this winter I held off on announcing these guys prematurely. I think it is safe to say now that they are rock solid. Hatched around July 1st.
6106393566_6a34273322_b.jpg

6105848191_5c2bb529eb_b.jpg

6105847173_607259277f_b.jpg

6106390236_4bc73c96e5_b.jpg

6106389142_ccc9efd05a_b.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality but I am not messing around with these guys -- taking them out and posing them for photos. For all of you on the wait list if they look big enough for you to keep just let me know -- I am confident about shipping them now.

How many did you get and/or, are all of them reserved? Also, at what age can you reliably sex these guys?

I want one! Too bad I don't have room for anymore at the moment. Keep breeding them I will hit you up in the future!!

Here here! I will never get tired of seeing your babies!! Congratulations on these and for sticking with it! :D

How many did you get and/or, are all of them reserved? Also, at what age can you reliably sex these guys?

I have 13 total. Four are reserved and I am keeping at least 2 so that means 7 will be up for grabs.

Thanks for all the comments and support folks!

Way to go Louis! I've always thought what you're doing is JUST what the hobby needs...someone dedicated to one species, not giving up, becoming the expert on that species. AND I do see you on just about every multituberculata thread, helping out.

I have 13 total. Four are reserved and I am keeping at least 2 so that means 7 will be up for grabs.
I quoteth the above because I know that's not an easy question to answer. A lot of you folks out there who have not bred chams before don't realize that raising young ones is not a cakewalk. They die, despite our best efforts. So just realize when we give you exact number of what we have, those can change. Most people aren't willing to answer as honestly as the above.

Again, super excited people are realizing how awesome Kinyongia species are. So active! So much fun to watch!

Last edited:
Hey dude, thanks a lot. My GF is sitting here and she read it and said "He's nice. That's really nice." :)

These pictures should work quite nicely with convincing my mother. ;)

How do you tell male from female at that age? Coloration? Rostrals?

These pictures should work quite nicely with convincing my mother. ;)

How do you tell male from female at that age? Coloration? Rostrals?

I have a pretty good idea but at this point I am not guaranteeing anything. Usually it is the "females" that wind up males and not the other way around.

Growing

These pics are even worse but I think you can tell they have grown! They don't want to share space with the brown one!
6134993407_29782475e8_b.jpg

6135541768_1d8cd2ce0d_b.jpg

6134993983_de9ff6b183_b.jpg

6135542472_4c6f08e26d_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom